Lenore Balliro, president of Plum Cove Consulting, is
an innovative, hands-on professional educator with proven skills in program design and management, staff development, teacher training and supervision, curriculum design, and direct instruction. She is committed to participatory, strength-based approaches to teaching, learning, and program development.
A dynamic presenter and group leader with national
and international experience, Lenore is an effective communicator within a variety of communities: face-to-face, print, and social media. A creative problem solver, she draws from research in literacy acquisition, adult learning theory, and her experience in studio arts and creative writing to bring refreshing perspectives to work challenges.
- Extensive experience in the field of adult basic education, including ABE, GED, ESOL, and workplace education
- Extensive work with community-based programs serving refugees and immigrants
- International teaching and staff development experience
- Workshop presenter at regional, national, and international juried conferences·
- Published author of articles in professional journals
- Management and supervisory experience
- Online course development and teaching, including webinars
- Extensive experience in editing and publication production
· For more details of Lenore’s background, please see her resume.